Who is LiveLaps?
• LiveLaps is an innovative cloud based software company that has
teamed with OffRoad Ontario to bring live scoring to the Off-Road
Ontario Enduro Series starting in 2016. This same Online Registration
Platform and Realtime Scoring System is now being used by the
KENDA AMA National Enduro Series.
Real Time Online Registration: (How will it work?)
• Each rider will set up their personal profile (1 TIME ONLY) online at
any time before the registration opens for the first event that they
would like to ride. Once you set up your personal profile you will
receive a LiveLaps ID number that is unique to you. A rider can edit
their info at anytime, so you can up-date your class, bike brand,
etc. at anytime.
• Personal profile mandatory info includes: Name, address, birthdate,
emergency contact, Off-Road Ontario membership number, class,
bike size and bike brand.
• Personal profile optional info includes: Rider’s photo, sponsors,
social media links, local series numbers and phone number.
• We can set up your profile from your previous year’s info by request
if you don’t have internet access.
• RIDING WITH FRIENDS: Once you set up your personal profile all you
will need to enter yourself and up to 3 (depending on if the event
has 4 riders on a row) of your friends is their LiveLaps personal ID
number, Off-Road Ontario membership number, email or name.
• When registration opens for the event you would like to ride, log
into your LiveLaps account at www.livelaps.com , choose the event,
select your row request, search for your friends you would like to
ride with using their personal LiveLaps ID numbers, Off-Road Ontario
membership number or name and then pay via PayPal with your
PayPal account or credit card.
• Your row numbers will then be assigned in real time based on the
row that you requested and what rows are available at that time. If
the row that you requested is not available then you (and your
group that requested the same row) will be assigned the next
available row later than the row you requested.
• Switch to the entry list screen to view what row that you and the
rest of the entries have received.
Registration at the event: (How will it work?)
• Once at the event you will come to the Off-Road Ontario
registration area with your helmet and will be asked to show proof
of a current Off-Road Ontario membership and LiveLaps Participant
Account (FREE), sign the release form if you haven’t already done so
online, receive your row number to put on your number plate,
receive your route sheet, purchase your transponders, both NFC and
RFID for $15 total, get your transponder programmed while
verifying your class and then go through the test station just outside
the registration area to confirm all of your info is correct.
Note: The transponder can be re-programmed for other OffRoad Ontario
Enduros therefore the transponder purchase is a one time purchase
unless you require a replacement due to a helmet replacement or
replaced helmet visor.
Event Scoring: (How will it work?)
• An RFID antenna will receive your time from your RFID transponder
that will be stuck under your helmet visor and send it to an Android
device that will then transmit it via cell tower or satellite in real
time to the internet.
• Anyone in the world can click on the link for that event can see how
you and everyone else in the event is placing overall and in your
class as each rider comes through each check point.
• Anyone viewing the results can click on an individual rider and bring
up their personal profile to see where they are from, their photo
and other details that the rider has uploaded.
• You will be able to view your times on your smart phone or at the
scoring trailer during the event that will be displayed in the actual
time (down to the thousand of a second) it took each rider to ride
• Awards will be able to be handed out sooner because there will no
longer be a need to wait for scoring equipment to come back from
the course to score that section.
• Rider management of their own account that in the future will have
links to Face book, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Easier on-line registration process, especially for multiple riders.
• Real time scoring as riders pass through each check point.
• Scores calculated in the actual time it takes the rider to ride the
test to the thousand of a second.
• View scores on your smart phone during the event.
• Watch live commentary from the Off-Road Ontario staff along with
results so you know the whole story.
• Quicker awards.
• Online results that lists riders overall & class position.
For 2016 OffRoad Ontario is implementing more of the built in functions of the LiveLaps Scoring System.
A part of this implementation the riders will be required to go online and create a rider account using the LiveLaps website.
Please click HERE for instructions on how to register:
Little throwback to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Beagle Bash. Equipment was pretty much the same 🙂
Fresh from the printers, 2016 OO race series t-shirts. Mens and womens cuts available.
DATE CORRECTION: Gully Mor XC is Sunday JUNE 5th!!! Sorry folks, my typo.
Only $20 – for sale at most events. Model not included 🙂